Custom sky

Here you can discuss anything related to Image Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Custom sky

Postby ste70 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Hello

Love your software ....
I'd like to use a custom sky in my panoramas, is there a wizard or suggestions to implement this ?

Thanks for your help

Ciao
Stefano

Re: Custom sky

Postby Arwin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi Stefano,

The easiest way is to use the Select Area tool and go for a Sky selection, when you've done and apply your sky selection, you see all sky replacement effects.
When applied one onto your photo you can edit the effect by hovering above the effect-tab and select Manual Edit, you can replace the Load Internet Image node by one of your own Sky photos by clicking the button Add Image.

I've created many sky replacement effects link and these can by found while searching for Cloud as soon as you're ready to select one of the effects as I described above.

As for your panorama question, you can use two, three or four cloud images together (stitch, be creative ;)) and use this image as sky replacement.

Hope that this answers your question?

Cheers,
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby ste70 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Thank you Arwin

This would be perfect, but I can't find the manual edit selection

Ciao
Stefano

Postby ste70 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:55 pm

Ok, founded, is right click on the effect image for me.
But when you add the image (load image) it hasn't the anchors like load internet image, 2 anchors, so you can't configure the script in the same way.
Attachments
anchor.png
anchor.png (44.38 KiB) Viewed 10557 times

Postby Arwin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Thats indeed the way, you're on the right path!

All you have to do now is to remove the Load Internet Image node and reconnect the Scale node to the Normal Merge node as seen in the image below.

Let me know when there are still some questions.

Cheers,
Arwin
Attachments
anchor.png
anchor.png (45.86 KiB) Viewed 10556 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby Arwin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:01 pm

To clarify the above, the scale option is already integrated in the Load Internet Image node.

When you would choose to upload your new sky effect with the Load Image node and the Scale node, this will be converted to a Load Internet Image node.

You dont need to upload your effect to finish, it will be working correct in your session, you may publish it as local effect or for everybody if you wish.

The left 'angor' is always an input, and the right is alway an output.

Hope this will get you on track with effect design ;)

Succes,
Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Image Treatment