telegraph wire tool

Here you can discuss anything related to the erase tool
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

telegraph wire tool

Postby aberdeb » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 am

First I love the software, I have recommended to a few friends. Don't want to share with everyone because I hate to let them know just how easy you make editing. I would rather they think I am a genius.

I am having some crash issues. It got a lot better when I adjusted the resolution and went to jpg instead of png files. I am now trying to use the wire erase tool, first I have to split a lot because the wires are crossing a Victorian house. I did figure out that I have to use a wide enough brush to completely cover the wire. Also learned to zoom to give myself more room. I have run out of places to put the red copy without overlapping. Also have a difficult time getting to the edge of the picture. Is there a way to adjust what you did without hitting the undo button? sometimes you have to go all the way back and undo things that are OK.. I was thinking maybe to do the easy parts, save and then start and resave a couple times.

Site Admin

Re: telegraph wire tool

Postby admin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am

Hi aderdeb,

With the wire erase tool, if you make the brush small enough you might be able to get away without having to move the red copy. (The wire erase tool defaults to a mode where instead of copying texture from another area, it just blends the surrounding pixels, which often works for very thin areas).

The split tool can be used when you want to erase a large area. You can split the large area into bits then you only need to find smaller bits to copy over. You can even pile the split pieces on top of each other and those pixels will be copied a few times.

If you want, you could post the original picture here and I'll see if there's any other tips I can give.

Hope that helps.

Tony

Return to Erase Tool