Now I Have Lost everything ;;;;; The Whole Program !!

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Postby BlueWolf56 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 pm

WS.Reputation.1

Updated:
August 8/8/2012
Type:
Other
Risk Impact:
High
Systems Affected:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000

Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
Antivirus Protection Dates

Initial Rapid Release version March 27, 2009
Latest Rapid Release version April 20, 2010 revision 025
Initial Daily Certified version March 27, 2009 revision 005
Latest Daily Certified version April 20, 2010 revision 024
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 1, 2009

ArjunAnthroQA

Re: Now I Have Lost everything ;;;;; The Whole Program !!

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:45 am

Hi BlueWolf56,

It appears that your antivirus has incorrectly marked Smart Photo Editor as untrustworthy. This is because the "WS.Reputation.1" system operates through Symantec User's use of Applications. Smart Photo Editor has been marked as untrustworthy due to it not having a "reputation". We can assure you that our applications are safe and trustworthy and that this issue is caused by a false positive alert from your Antivirus.

Whilst we cannot provide specific help with your antivirus, I have found a resource that discusses this "WS.Reputation.1" system and its issues, as well as methods to bypass it for known safe files such as Smart Photo Editor. You can find this resource at this link: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Clarification-on-WS-Reputation-1-detection/td-p/232155

We hope this helps.

Arjun

Postby BlueWolf56 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 am

:D Ok Walked thru my System . ... :o

And got the program back up and running ,,, the first time !!!
But The Program is still shutting down when I change frames , even when I try to save my photo .

Seems Their is something still wrong with this program !!!!! :!:

Postby EmmaM » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi BlueWolf56,

We have released a new version of Smart Photo Editor which should resolve many of your issues. To install the latest version run Photo Editor as normal then go to 'Help' and select 'Check For Updates'.

Please let us know if you need any further support.

Return to Bugs