A Tropical Background

This forum discusses how you can create your own effects
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

A Tropical Background

Postby MJP » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:31 pm

I happen to want a tropical/pacific background for something. Doing the necessary selection is fine, more than that it is easy! But I now want to add my own background as I cannot find anything suitable in effects. How do I do that?

Site Admin

Re: A Tropical Background

Postby admin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:59 pm

This is a very brief overview, which will only make sense if you have already got used to the nodes a bit. You will need to be in expert mode.

1. Make a selection, by clicking on the "Create New Selection" button at the bottom of the home screen. Select the part of the picture you want to replace and call it something suitable.

2. Go to File > Add and Image and load in your other picture.

3. Add a "Scale" filter and make sure input 1 is connected to your new Load image filter and input 2 is connected to your selection node. You may need to move your scale node down as inputs can only come from filters above other filters in the diagram. This will make sure your other image is scaled to the same size as your original picture.

4. Finally add a "Merge" filter. Make input 1 connect to your selection filter and input 2 connect to your scale filter, and set the area to the selection you have made. You should see your second image come through your first in the area you've selected.

(5. You can share the effect with everyone by clicking "Save and Share Effect" on the home screen.)

Re: A Tropical Background

Postby meigh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 pm

:cry:

Return to Creating Effects