PROGRAM CRASHES WHEN SAVING

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

PROGRAM CRASHES WHEN SAVING

Postby Roy McDine » Fri May 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi, I have been using SPE Studio for a week now and love it, however I have tried using an effect by 'Texan' called 'Antique Pen and Ink', which looks brilliant but always crashes during a save - any idea why?

Re: PROGRAM CRASHES WHEN SAVING

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat May 16, 2020 8:40 am

You are right. My SPE doesn't crash but it just hangs so I have to kill the process from Task Manager (I'm on Windows). Tried same pic with another effect and it is fine.

So it's not you!

Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 18, 2020 9:21 am

I just tried it myself on the on the first example image (for exploring skies) in version 1.31.1.0 and it saved ok for me. Have you tried check for updates to see if you're on the latest version?

Postby eadams » Mon May 18, 2020 2:36 pm

There is definitely something different about this effect that makes it render more slowly than other effects. Perhaps the complexity? It has dozens of components and blends several images into the final result. It took over a minute to render on my PC, which usually is much quicker in saving images with SPE effects. Installing the most recent update didn't change anything. At least the program didn't crash or hang for me.

I was glad to have my attention drawn to this effect. It is really stunning!

Return to Effects