Reusing a Selection

Ask any questions about selecting areas
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Reusing a Selection

Postby jdfeka » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

I think I may have seen something about this but I can't find it now.

What I want to do is select an area, apply an effect to that area and later apply another effect to that same selection without having to go through the entire selection process again.

Even though the smart brush makes selecting a complex area much easier that it used to be, some images consume a lot of time if you want to use a similar area but with some slight modifications to apply a different effect.

How can we do this?

Jack

Site Admin

Re: Reusing a Selection

Postby admin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 am

Just go to the Effects Gallery button and hover, you will see buttons under "Show Gallery For" listing your existing selections.

Tony

Postby jdfeka » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 pm

thanks, Tony

Postby byron92806 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:22 pm

I cannot get the selection back once I have rendered the initial effect? I hover over the effects gallery and nothing happens. It did in the past. I would love to be able to save/preserve the selection.

Postby Arwin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Which effect are you talking about Byron? I can try to see if the issue is the same at my side..

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby byron92806 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Really, any effect once rendered does not allow me to use the original image with the mask.

I love this software!!!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:48 am

Have you turned off the pop outs from the settings dialog (Descriptions for tools on right)?

Tony

Postby Arwin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Not sure if it is what Byron meant, but I did lost (Visually) the mask (at effect tabs) when adding an new effects to a mask and removed the previous one, does not happen all the time, thats the difficulty about it, but you can access the mask by editing the effect, in that case you see the mask in the left down corner. The selection is still transferable to other effects though.

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby photografiks » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:16 am

This is an old thread I know , but I am having the same problem of retaining the selected mask to use more than once. I select and save the file name under other, add an effect, save that effect outside of the program. When I hover over the effect button as described, I can select my recently named selection, but now all the future effects have the original one save behind it! How to I get back to my original selected mask?
Thanks for any help

Postby photografiks » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 am

Ok just got it....... You have to delete the first image you did from the bar on top, then it allows you to reuse the selection ... duh! :shock:

Next

Return to The Select Area Panel