unwanted noise

Here you can discuss anything related to Image Treatment
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

unwanted noise

Postby ray.shanahan@gmail.com » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:03 pm

When I print in A3+ I have a lot of noise in image-i have reduced this by using NIK fiters but still have noticable "specs".............any assistance really appreciated

Site Admin

Re: unwanted noise

Postby admin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:36 am

If you search for Denoise in the gallery, there are some effects that might be useful for you.

Re: unwanted noise

Postby Richard Briggs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:40 am

Not sure of your experience in photography so please ignore if I'm saying what you already know,..

The original image may be 'noisy' or 'grainy' because it was taken using a high ISO setting. In auto mode this would happen in low lighting conditions where the camera is struggling. This may not be apparent when viewed on a phone or even in a small print. But at A3+ size may become visible. Also, some effects in SPE, by their very nature, may make any noise more visible. Or they may even introduce noise because they are intended to give a grainy effect to an image. When printed in larger formats this may become 'over the top'.

You may be saving the image (from SPE) at a low resolution (there's an option somewhere) and this would give you a noisy image when printed in larger formats.

Or have you addressed all the above and you are saying SPE has a problem where it introduces noise?

Richard

Return to Image Treatment