Effects Ga;;ery

Ask any questions about searching for effects, or any of the other gallery features. Questions about specific effects should go in the Effects forum
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Effects Ga;;ery

Postby fotografr » Tue May 01, 2018 2:18 pm

On the Effects Gallery, my ARTISTIC is stuck open. I can open other options, but the artistic will not close. That changes the effects in the other categories. Thanks

Site Admin

Re: Effects Ga;;ery

Postby admin » Tue May 01, 2018 4:43 pm

In the gallery, the first 5 are mutually exclusive, and separately from that the rest are mutually exclusive. So you can look at all the artistic borders, realistic borders or dramatic borders for example.

Does that make sense?

Tony

Postby fotografr » Wed May 02, 2018 4:36 am

No it does not make sense. The artistic effects were not permanently on before. This just started to happen in the last week

Postby Richard Briggs » Wed May 02, 2018 9:31 am

I realise now after using the product for years I have no idea what Artistic, Dramatic and Realistic do.

I can change between all three and I get different numbers of effects pages displayed. I have now concluded that if I have, for example, Realistic selected then the 'All Effects' button just means all effects that have been tagged Realistic. Am I correct? If so then I realise now I've only been looking at a subset of effects depending upon whether Artistic, Realistic or Dramatic have been selected.

Up to now I'd assumed the All Effects button gave you just that. All Effects.

Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 02, 2018 9:41 am

Richard: All effects are split into one of two categories: dramatic for ones that are not photo realistic and realistic for ones that are not. The default, artistic, actually shows all of the effects, realistic and dramatic. The next set of sections are to further sub categorize the effects. All effects shows you all the effects within the main category at the top. Hope that makes more sense.

fotografr: Are you saying you can have the artistic button checked as well as the realistic or dramatic buttons checked at the same time? Could you post a screenshot showing what you mean?

Postby fotografr » Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 pm

I understand it now. Sorry it took me an extra minute to get it to sink in. I absolutely love the program. Thanks for your help

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu May 03, 2018 9:15 am

Glad to have helped!

Return to The Gallery Panel