Export Filters

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Export Filters

Postby julmon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 am

Hello everybody,

I've created some filters on a desktop which doesn't have internet connection with SPE trial version and i would like to know if there is a way to transfer those filters to another computer.

I wasn't able to find a proper "export" function nor the software's local store folder for the filters.

Thanks for your help!

Site Admin

Re: Export Filters

Postby admin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,

If you've created filters on a machine without an internet connection, then the best way of transfering them onto a machine with an internet connection is just to save a session file with the filter in and publish it on the second computer.

If you've already published some effects they will be waiting in this folder (on PC): C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor\forupload. If you want to upload them on another computer with PE installed, first of all choose File > Update Galleries on the computer with an internet connection which will clear its forupload folder (you need to do this because it can't contain two different foruploads). Then you can copy the folder from the other computer to the one with a connection and update galleries again.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if I can be any more help.

Tony

Postby julmon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:48 am

Nice! :)

Thank you for the fast answer!

Oh and I have another question! I would like to post some feature requests and would like to know the best way to post it. Is it better to post 1 thread with all the requests or 1 thread by feature??

Thanks! ;)

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi julmon,

It would probably be better to post a thread per feature, as it will make each request have a more focused discussion and allow others to add their support without making it too convoluted.

Arjun

Return to Effects