Batch editing to place borders around multiple images

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Batch editing to place borders around multiple images

Postby GrahamPhotog » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Is there a way to upload 100 or more images and then do a batch edit to put a white border around each one?

Site Admin

Re: Batch editing to place borders around multiple images

Postby admin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 am

Yes: apply the border effect you want to apply to one image, then choose "Batch Apply Effect" from the file menu. That will apply everything you've applied to your image to any files you choose.

Tony

Postby GrahamPhotog » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:21 pm

I still don't see how this works. I applied an effect to one of my images and saved it with a new file name. When I go to File/Batch Apply Effect all I get is a pop up message telling me that I can apply the effect to several images. However, I don't see how to select the images that I want to apply the effect to. If I click on File/Open it only allows me to bring up one new image at a time.

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi GrahamPhotog,

Here are some steps I passed on to someone else who was looking at the Batch Apply mode:

1. Load the first image.
2. Apply any effects and enhancements to the image. (NB: Any effects added to an area will prevent the use of Batch Apply Effect, as the area may not translate to the other images correctly)
3. After you've made the edits you want, Go to File> Batch Apply Effect.
4. Here you can select the images that you want to make the same edits to.
5. Confirm and SPE will output the newly edited files in the same folder with a "_pe" added to the filename.

Let me know if that clarifies this mode for you.

Regards,

Arjun

Return to Effects