Watercolour look with black outline on elements within

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Watercolour look with black outline on elements within

Postby Longblades » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:12 pm

Newbie help please, have seen watercolour effect, mostly on flowers, with black outlines on individual flowers, veins etc. How would I go about producing such a look?

Re: Watercolour look with black outline on elements within

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:47 am

I can't find any built -in effect in SPE that will do this. But by layering a pencil (black and white) effect over your image and playing with the parameters such as merge I have been able to reproduce something but not worthy of posting :(. I suspect it may be a lot of detailed work including masking etc. It may also depend very much on the source image. So a flower with a bright background may work better?

Richard

Re: Watercolour look with black outline on elements within

Postby Longblades » Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:22 pm

Richard Briggs wrote:I can't find any built -in effect in SPE that will do this. But by layering a pencil (black and white) effect over your image and playing with the parameters such as merge I have been able to reproduce something but not worthy of posting :(. I suspect it may be a lot of detailed work including masking etc. It may also depend very much on the source image. So a flower with a bright background may work better?

Richard

Thanks, I have found a couple that approximate what I 'd like but will go try what you suggest too.

Return to Effects