Looking for an Easier way to Search for an effect...

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Looking for an Easier way to Search for an effect...

Postby Michele Burt » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:32 pm

I do a lot of sunsets and sunrises, and thru the Effects Gallery, I get lots of great options 666 pages of them currently!

When I search the word "sunset" it gives me only 4 pages of options, but I've used a lot of effects with the name sunset in it that do not appear in the 4 pages recommended. As an example "sunset & sunrise enhancer" does not show up when I search sunset.

When I search "sky" only one page come up! There are so many effects with sky in the name. I must be missing something.

Can someone please help me improve my search results for sunsets, sky, sunrises?

Thanks so much.

Re: Looking for an Easier way to Search for an effect...

Postby eadams » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:35 pm

I agree wholeheartedly that the search functionality is poor. At the same time, I have given up any hope that further development will be done on this product, so I think our only recourse is to use workarounds to circumvent issues that we have.

Take a look at the following thread on the topic of search results. The admin offers a workaround to add keywords to effects that will then be used for the search functionality.
http://photoeditor.anthropics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3641&p=11725&hilit=keywords#p11725

Try adding "sunset" as a keyword to the effect you mention and see if you can find it using that search criteria going forward. You will have to wait for the new keyword to be processed and added on the server end, and that might take a week.

I don't think this should be necessary, but it is what it is. The only other option I can think of is to add effects you like to your favorites or make a note of their names.

Return to Effects