How to get rid of text box

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

How to get rid of text box

Postby wellness5 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:32 pm

A text box appears in my picture- unwanted and unloved! Clicking on Text in the sidebar has no effect whatsoever so I do not know how to cancel it! :twisted:

Re: How to get rid of text box

Postby eadams » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:38 pm

wellness5 wrote:A text box appears in my picture- unwanted and unloved! Clicking on Text in the sidebar has no effect whatsoever so I do not know how to cancel it! :twisted:

It is impossible from your description to know how the text box got into your image. I can think of two different causes:

1. If you somehow added the text box yourself by mistake, it will show up as a thumbnail at the top of your screen.
SPE Text.JPG
SPE Text.JPG (40.15 KiB) Viewed 6080 times

In this case you only need to delete the thumbnail and the text box will be gone. To do this, just hover over the thumbnail until a small X appears in the upper right-hand corner of the thumbnail. Click on the X.

2. If you applied an effect from the Effect Gallery that contains a text box, you will either have to delete the effect (by clicking on the X in its thumbnail as described above, or you can edit the effect with the Effect Editor and remove the text box node. To do this you must familiarize yourself with the Effect Editor. There are multiple tutorials available in these forums.

Good luck!

Postby Richard Briggs » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:33 am

... or the text box may not be a text box but is part of an image that the effect uses. In which case it is a rubbish effect and should be removed by the 'Gallery Police' (is there such an august body?).

Richard

Postby eadams » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:01 am

Richard Briggs wrote:... or the text box may not be a text box but is part of an image that the effect uses. In which case it is a rubbish effect and should be removed by the 'Gallery Police' (is there such an august body?).

Richard

I have been told that users can submit a support ticket on smartphotoeditor.com to have a "rubbish effect" removed from the gallery. If the support team judges that the effect was erroneously submitted, they will remove it.

If you do request the removal of an effect and it is actually removed from the online gallery, it will remain in your local effect gallery since you have already downloaded it. That's why it is hard to tell whether or not the support team has, indeed, removed the effect.

Return to Effects