Multiple versions out of one session

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Multiple versions out of one session

Postby Zaarina » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 pm

How do I save a photo I am working on, but continue with the session? The only option I see in "file" is "save and close.' Not what I want to do. I want to save that version of the photo, but do not want to close the session. I used to be able to do that....

Re: Multiple versions out of one session

Postby Richard Briggs » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 am

I am not running the latest version but the version of SPE I have has a 'Save as Session' option. This enables me to save multiple versions of a project say with a common photo but with varying effects applied. Are you saying this option is not available in your version of SPE?

Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:40 am

Save as session is not available when working as a plugin to other software, because there is no way to load a session back into Photoshop or whatever. That's also why you see "Save and Close" which returns you back to the software you came from.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby Zaarina » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Thank you for the replies. I had to download SPE for a second time when my computer died. The first time there was an option "Save As." This allowed me to save as many versions of a photo that I wanted while I was still in that session. And, I thought that it was a plug-in because I could access it under "filters" in photo shop elements. This was so handy and I love the convenience.

I guess I should download SPE again as a stand-alone. Do I check "programs" when I do this again, so that it will be on my computer instead of being a plug-in. There is a list that comes up giving options where the SPE will go.

Postby Zaarina » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Richard Briggs wrote:I am not running the latest version but the version of SPE I have has a 'Save as Session' option. This enables me to save multiple versions of a project say with a common photo but with varying effects applied. Are you saying this option is not available in your version of SPE?

Richard

Yes, Richard, that is exactly what I was able to do before, and I really miss it. I had a "Save As" option. I will have to try to download SPE again Thanks.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Zaarina,

You don't need to download it again to run it as a standalone program. It runs as a plugin when launched from other software. Also, if Auto plugin is checked in the settings dialog it will run as a plugin whenever it is invoked on the command line, when it is launched from Lightroom or when you use "Open With..." or drag and drop a file to launch it. If it is launched as a plugin but you didn't want it to be, try unchecking Auto plugin.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby Zaarina » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Thanks Tony. I tried this and SPE works as stand-alone when I click on the desktop icon. And, it works as plug-in when I click on it in the drop-down window. Wonderful! :D

Return to Effects