Deleting Effects

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Deleting Effects

Postby johnboy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:34 pm

I love Smart Photo but....So many effects have been added that it has become a bit overwhelming. There are many that I know I will never use. Is there a way I can to eliminate those on my computer? Do I have that kind of control? Any help will be appreciated.

Site Admin

Re: Deleting Effects

Postby admin » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:31 am

You can't delete effects, but you can make a list of your favourites.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby FrizB » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:03 pm

How can I delete a copyright text that I created for my use only? Is it possibleto delete them from the list?

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:20 am

Picking up on the base note, I would agree and say that SPE has a been a victim of its own success. I'm sure the developers way back never envisaged so many contributions. And so it has become quite unmanageable. Not sure exactly how you would handle this. Use of the effect categories does limit the choice to some extent but then you wonder whether you're missing one!

I'd also say never think you will never, ever use such an effect. I have been part of several previous discussions where individuals (including me!) have looked at an effect and wondered what planet the author was on when they created it. And yet 6 months later you find that same effect works perfectly for an image you have opened. But having said this, there are some truly rubbish effects in the librray (e.g. with images of individuals). But deleting then would only bring the number down probably from my 7428 to maybe 7000!

Richard

Postby eadams » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:02 am

FrizB wrote:How can I delete a copyright text that I created for my use only? Is it possibleto delete them from the list?

I have been told that the only way to delete an effect from the public online gallery is to submit a support ticket on http://smartphotoeditor.com.

By the way, according the following thread, even if effects are deleted from the Online Gallery, people who have already downloaded the effect will still see it.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3680&p=11821&hilit=Do+reported+bad+effects+get+removed+from+Gallery%3F#p11821

Postby FrizB » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:02 pm

My question was in reference to the TEXT of a copyright created and saved by myself. I have created some that are of a size that I don't use any more , it would be great to be able to clean up those that are for personal use only.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:52 am

I'm afraid there's no way to delete an effect you made for your use only.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Effects