URGENT HELP RE IDENTIFYING EFFECT

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

URGENT HELP RE IDENTIFYING EFFECT

Postby creativegrape » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Hi

I did this for a friend a year or so back. She wants another done but I can't find the effect. Going mad as when I try to scroll all effects, the Editor ALWAYS crashes so never gonna get very far - added to which when I get past 100 or so pages it slows to a crawl.

Any help would be appreciated before I cry!
Last edited by creativegrape on Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: URGENT HELP RE IDENTIFYING EFFECT

Postby eadams » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Your image is lovely, but it doesn't look familiar. What did your image look like before it had the effect applied to it? Were the squares part of the original image?

Postby creativegrape » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:34 pm

It's OK I found it. It's Vibrant Color 001. The squares are part of the artwork. It's the colour overlay I was after.

All is well. The new image is a bit darker so have work to do to make it similar. Such fun!

Postby eadams » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm glad you found it! Thanks for letting us know :D

Postby woodsysa22 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi again

I can't seem to find the Vibrant Color 001 I was after (again) ... is there a variation of this in spelling. It may have an s in it or ... I dunno?

I've tried scrolling through every effect but the application always crashes. So time-consuming - been at this for hours now.

On a small notebook and SME does not show me what I want in such a small space.

How can I search just the word vibrant to show me a screenshot of all things Vibrant.

When I search Vibrant Color 001 I get 491 results? Eh?

The result I need is very soft with soft pink and yellow and sky blue and white colours.

Need URGENT Help as it's for a Christmas present.

Postby Richard Briggs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:49 am

Hi,

If I search for 'vibrant' I get a list of effects in the search box with the word vibrant listed. One of these is Vibrant Color 001 and another is Vibrant Colors 001. The name of the first effect is Darken whilst the title of the second is, indeed, Vibrant Colors 001, So I have never understood the relationship of effect title and result of searches. Maybe a search is only on a tag? Why would a tag be Vibrant Color 001?

Anyway, my Vibrant Color 001 is nothing like what you have described. It simply darkens the image. But Vibrant Colors 001 may be what you are looking for.

Richard

Postby eadams » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 am

There is a list of all published effects at http://photoeditor.anthropics.com/effects/effects/

There is no effect named vibrant color 001 and there wasn't one in January 2015 when I first downloaded the list.

For this reason, I assume that vibrant colors 001 is the one you are looking for. You can find it by typing the exact name into the gallery search field or by just searching on "vibrant" as described by Richard Briggs.

This effect does use a pastel overlay to affect the colors in the image in addition to darkening it. You can tweak the individual settings by moving the effect's sliders on the left side of your screen. If that isn't enough, you can make greater changes to the effect by right-clicking on the thumbnail of the applied effect and selecting Manual Edit. That takes you to the Effect Editor where you can look at each individual node of the effect and it lets you edit the nodes. You can then save the result. It is best to save the edited effect as a local effect (just for your own use) and not publish it to the gallery.

Postby woodsysa22 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Back again - not had any luck ...

Can anyone help me identify this effect? See attachment.

Ignore the image - it's the effect I'm after -if you can find anything close please hollar.

You know when you wish you never ditched your iMac 27 inch for a tiny notebook which is NOT idea with SPE. Argh ...

Thanks.
Attachments
help.jpg
help.jpg (346.64 KiB) Viewed 10121 times

Postby eadams » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:29 am

Hi woodsysa22,

That image looks very familiar. Have you posted it here at some time in the past? I seem to remember asking whether the checkerboard pattern was part of the effect or part of the original image. I may be confusing this with a similar image from someone else. In any case, it is impossible to know what effect you're after without seeing the original image. If more than one effect was applied it would be probably almost impossible to reconstruct. That's why I always save my best creations as a session, so I can go back and see how it was done. Good luck!

Postby woodsysa22 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:37 am

Hi yes it was the same one - I am 'creativegrape'. I posted it last time I couldn't find it. Then I did, but was on a different pupter at the time.

It's one of the Vibrant Color effects with perhaps a saturated glow ++ on it - but just by matching the colours will help find the culprit.

There are more than one and even vibrant colors and ones with a . after 001. - really should not be allowed to name an effect same as another. i think perhaps the one I want has either been deleted or overwritten.

Trying to search through multiple effect names with identical names or similar does not make my life any easier. hard enough getting 'vibran...' in the search with little way of finding the right one on a spectre notebook.

The girl who did this design has done another and wants the same overlay on it - proving kinda difficult.

Tried going through ALL the effects but SFE is totally incapable of allowing me to get far enough without crashing. Losing the will to live right now ;(

I'm not very popular right now let's just leave it at that.

Next

Return to Effects