Waterpool

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Waterpool

Postby Arwin » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:39 pm

I've managed to get my waterpool creation to work as an effect in SPE.
Need to say that the effect is not working that good on all kind of images, especially on bright backgrounds and not solid grounds the effect does not work very well..
But see for your self if it's working for your image and maybe some tweaks will get it to work, just saying ;)

Effectname: Waterpool
Category : Mixed Media

Effect will be tagged as: Water, Rain

There are two layers you can drag around, probably the first you will notice is the layer that mirrors your image to reflect the environment in the waterpool, just drag it aside for later use.
Now you can play with the waterpool itself, just drag it to a spot you wish, there is also a gradientline at the left side of your image to play with if you want to blur a part of the pool a bit.
If you satisfied, drag the first layer with your mirrored environment back to get an reflection in the pool.

Thats all!

Hope it does work for your photo, if not, maybe you've been inspired to get it to work in an other way ;)

Cheers,
Arwin

Here some quick made examples:
(Click image to enlarge)
Attachments
Examples Waterpool effect.jpg
Examples Waterpool effect.jpg (428.13 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Effects