Translucent apples sample photo

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Translucent apples sample photo

Postby Scottdepot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:59 pm

I just purchased the software and was influenced by the photo of the translucent apples in your sample photos. I would like to know how the apples were treated to get the translucent result.
Thank you
rhamon@tampabay.rr.com

Site Admin

Re: Translucent apples sample photo

Postby admin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 am

They are glass apples! In the gallery you can see they are transulcent in the 'before' picture. They were then processed with a depth of field effect.

Tony

Postby sexydivinediva » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:44 pm

How do you apply the depth of field step by step? They were pretty, can I do that on any photo. Do you have more photos like that, if so, please post and show us step by step how to do. :roll:

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:03 am

To get a depth of field effect, choose Effects Gallery, then choose Depth of Field from the Detail section on the left.

Tony

Postby sexydivinediva » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:52 pm

How come your effect is not in the gallery for us to create of the apples...the effects gallery that is

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 am

The picture of the glass apples (the 'before' picture) was created in a 3d rendering program such as , by someone spending a long time describing the apples in 3d. It is the depth of field effect (the change between the 'before' and the 'after' picture that we are demonstrating. The closest we have is a filter that changes objects into glass, but the results aren't as good as that! To see our glass filter, select an object using the select area tool. Then when you are in the gallery, type "to glass" in the search box in the top right of the gallery.

Tony

Postby sexydivinediva » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am

How come we only have the same people in the effects gallery? Why arent there more effects in the effects gallery from other people besides superdave and tony

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 am

Basically, because the product is only recently launched. As we get more users and more people start adding effects you will see more names in the gallery. Andrewb2012 for instance has put lots of effects in.

Tony

Postby wolfy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I have a question about the effects that use a focal point. There are circles in the preview that I can move around; I'm assuming this is to change the focal point, but I don't seem to be able to lock them in.( I can delete them.) If I move them and then confirm the picture it simply puts the focal point back to where it was originally in the effect. Is there any way I can control the focal point and then save it? ( Or am I simply being obtuse. )

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Wolfy,

It sounds like you've spotted a bug, although I'm not sure if I can reproduce exactly what you are seeing. When I confirm an effect with the circles in, the circle stays in the place I move it to. However I have spotted that the effect isn't being updated as you move the circle (until you press confirm) so I'll fix that now.

Tony

Next

Return to Effects