Sirius-SDZ Texture Effects

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Sirius-SDZ Texture Effects

Postby Arwin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi folks,

With the same textures as I used in my Sirius-SDZ Border Effects, I created some new effects that may spice up your photo even more (artistically seen)

See the examples I've added in this topic!

The effects are named: Sirius-SDZ Texture xxyy, where xxyy is the number of the texture that is given by the author* of the texture I used.

Effects can be found in the Gallery under Textures and by searching for Sirius-SDZ, Sirius-SDZ Texture in the effect gallery.

*) The textures are free and there are 'no rules' for use, even then I've contacted the author and explained about SPE, the wish of creating effects with his free texturepacks 21, 25, 26 & 27 and that art created with SPE can be sold without restrictions.

His answer,

"I want to stand by my word, my works are free for anything.
but thank you for asking me, i'd be happy, if you can process them like this :) a link back is always the best i think, maybe you can provide this, but not a must."

end quote

Google Sirius-SDZ and you will find more of his work!

Hope you will enjoy the effects I created.

Have fun!
Arwin

Examples:
(Click image to enlarge)

Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 21xx.jpg
Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 21xx.jpg (805.56 KiB) Viewed 8291 times

(Click image to enlarge)
Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 25xx.jpg
Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 25xx.jpg (774.4 KiB) Viewed 8291 times

(Click image to enlarge)
Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 26xx.jpg
Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 26xx.jpg (662 KiB) Viewed 8291 times
Last edited by Arwin on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Re: Sirius-SDZ Texture Effects

Postby Arwin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:09 pm

One more.. ;)

(Click to enlarge)
Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 27xx.jpg
Examples Sirius-SDZ texture 27xx.jpg (725.52 KiB) Viewed 8288 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby eadams » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:17 pm

These are all beautiful, Arwin! Thank you for creating and sharing these! I can't wait until they show up in the Gallery!

Eve

Postby Arwin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks Eve and you can take a peek as they are live! (Thanks to Tony aswell)

Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby andrewb2012 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi Arwin,

These textures are stunning! Thanks for giving an insight to the source of the textures. Thanks too for the lovely demonstration of the effects in action - I'll love exploring these BEAUTIES when I have time.

Cheers,

Andrew

Postby Arwin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Thank you Andrew,

Perhaps I will create some more effects with other textures in this serie, if that's oke with Sirius-SDZ of course.
Love those textures too, they are very appealing to the eye and gives a great sense of mystic to your images!

Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby eadams » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Arwin, your Sirius effect Sirius-SDZ Texture 2715 made nice outlines of the trees in my test image, so I added a people silhouette that I made inspired by Andrewb2012's post about silhouettes.

Scene with people silhouette.jpg
Scene with people silhouette.jpg (532.16 KiB) Viewed 8243 times

When working in a layered application (e.g. Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Sagelight) I have started to add a layer containing a screenshot of the effects I used. I turn the visibility of this layer off, of course, but I can always go back and see what effects I used. In this case the effects were:
    Sirius-SDZ Texture 2715
    Relight Landscape
    Rolling Hills

This is not supposed to be a work of art, just a test image (like all my images) :-)

Eve

Postby Arwin » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Eve,

Very nice to see your work in progress, looks very promising to me!

Thank you for sharing, always love to see how others using my effect ideas, thank you :)

Cheers,
Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Effects