Sirius-SDZ Border Effects

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Sirius-SDZ Border Effects

Postby Arwin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi folks,

Like Andrew mentioned in his post, I've uploaded a bunch of new border effects to play with.
They especially cool to combine with other (border)effects as you will see in the examples I've added in this topic.

The effects are named: Sirius-SDZ xxyy, where xxyy is the number of the texture that is given by the author* of the texture I used.

Effects can be found in the Gallery under Creative Borders and by searching for Sirius-SDZ, Sirius-SDZ Border in the effect gallery.

*) The textures are free and there are 'no rules' for use, even then I've contacted the author and explained about SPE, the wish of creating effects with his free texturepacks 21, 25, 26 & 27 and that art created with SPE can be sold without restrictions.

His answer,

"I want to stand by my word, my works are free for anything.
but thank you for asking me, i'd be happy, if you can process them like this :) a link back is always the best i think, maybe you can provide this, but not a must."

end quote

Google Sirius-SDZ and you will find more of his work!

(See my Sirius-SDZ Texture effects too!)
Hope you will enjoy the effects I created.

Have fun!
Arwin

Examples:
(Click image to enlarge)

Examples Sirius-SDZ borders 1.jpg
Examples Sirius-SDZ borders 1.jpg (395.79 KiB) Viewed 5009 times

(Click image to enlarge)
Examples Sirius-SDZ borders 2.jpg
Examples Sirius-SDZ borders 2.jpg (820.21 KiB) Viewed 5009 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Re: Sirius-SDZ Border Effects

Postby eadams » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:22 pm

I love these frame effects! It was a great idea to name them for the texture author and give him credit for them. I can't wait to try the effects on my own images. :)
Eve

Postby Arwin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi Eve,

Glad you like them!

When using textures that are not mine, but are free to use by any means (according the website rules of use, this includes no need to credit the author or linking back), I naming the effects to the author's name of the texture used, with indeed the idea to credit them anyway because I think you need to do if you can, Google such names will bring you to the author!
Most of them I even contacted and get approved to use the textures.

Here some of the effects, maybe I forgot some ;):
Media Militia - Shemul Lens Flare xx
Sjfinearts - Pretty Pastel xx
Bittbox - Grungy Watercolor xx
Media militia - throw away y-xx
Daniel Davidson - Lost and Taken y-xx

Regards,
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby andrewb2012 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi Arwin,

I've already tapped into these BEAUTIFUL border effects as you know - very nice indeed. With some images it changes them from ordinary into extraordinary, such is the power of framing!

Well done,

Andrew

Return to Effects