LAYERS.........

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

LAYERS.........

Postby traveler » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:39 am

CAN YOU DO LAYERS WITH THIS PROGRAM,,,,? :roll:

Site Admin

Re: LAYERS.........

Postby admin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:41 am

Yes, effectively the tabs across the top are layers, as they each represent a different change to the image and can be turned on and off. If by layers you just mean adding new things into your photo, then the composite tool can do that, and supports a lot of the Photoshop blending modes.

Tony

Postby eadams » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 am

Traveler, the answer to your question really depends on what your expectations are. If you want the functionality of Photoshop, then get Photoshop. As Tony says, you can pile effects onto one another and turn them on and off. In that respect, SPE does have a layering capability. However, I don't think it's possible to insert an effect between effects already applied or change the order of applied effects. (If it is possible, I hope someone will point out to me how to do it :) )

Postby Arwin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:51 pm

You've a point there Eve, it's indeed not possible to insert an effect between effects or to change their order.
But if I'm right, it's something that could be implemented if there is enough interest by others in such kind of a new feature.

If you ask me, that would be definitely great! :D

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Effects