More New Sky Replacements!

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

More New Sky Replacements!

Postby Arwin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi all,

I digged thru my photo collection to get some more 'Air' ;)
Added 32 more Sky effects to my Cloud collection! You need to use the 'Select Area' tool (Sky) to be able to use them.

Search for: Cloud

I've redesigned the way I normally created the Sky replacement effects.
There is now a 'Sky' selection and a 'Not Sky' selection which can be used if you want to add a new effect after the sky replacement effect.
It's possible to alter the tone of the 'Sky' and 'Not Sky' area separately within the effect. For now you can play with the 'Lights', 'Darks' and 'Shadows' of the both areas without the need of going to the effect editor, hoop to see all the sliders soon in the new version of SPE!
I've also added a blur to the 'Sky' selectionpart to blur-out the sky a bit if the photo requires it (default off).
There is also a color filter you can use on the sky, you can choose a color and blend it with the Sky selection (default off).
Of course you can also shrink, stretch, rotate and drag the sky around to seek the best fit for your image.

Effect.jpg
Effect.jpg (91.8 KiB) Viewed 7174 times

If you see points for improvements, let me know! :)
See this topic to see how you can create your own sky replacement effects, perfectly described by Andrew!

Here some examples of the new sky replacements (used your Hawker Siddeley Vulcan image Richard! :) )
Hope you'll enjoy!
Arwin

(Click image to enlarge)
Richards Hawker Siddeley Vulcan Image - Sky Example.jpg
Richards Hawker Siddeley Vulcan Image - Sky Example.jpg (168.84 KiB) Viewed 7175 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Re: More New Sky Replacements!

Postby DBenterprises » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Ah!, EXCELLENT!!! Lots of adjustability, just the way I like it!!!!!

Postby PeterB2010 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:51 pm

But :D :shock: how do I get to see your clouds?

Postby Arwin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi Peter,

To see my clouds, use the Select Area tool of Smart Photo Editor, see tutorial video below if you do not know how this tool work.
After you have selected the sky part of your image and hit the Confirm Selection button, search for Cloud in the Effect Gallery searchbox.

Hope this will help you to find all my Cloud_xxx by Arwin effects, if not, let me know! :ugeek:

Succes,
Arwin

Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Effects