Colour profile

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Colour profile

Postby nelmarim » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:14 am

How to I ensure that the colour profile for Smart Photo Editor shows up correctly? If I open a photo in the Preview panel on iMac (with Apple RGB colour profile), and I open the same photo in Smart Photo Editor with the same colour profile, then the photo in the software is way too much red and totally wrong. So if I then use the software to correct the colour, then the final photo in preview and in print is washed out. How do you fix?

An example if attached. PLEASE HELP.

Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 4.05.21 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 4.05.21 PM.jpg (508.01 KiB) Viewed 3836 times

Re: Colour profile

Postby gary » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:49 am

The colours should not be different. I can see that you also have PortraitPro Studio Max 19 what do the colours look like in that? Also what version of OSX do you have?

Re: Colour profile

Postby Bearach » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:12 pm

Did you save an image from Smart Photo Editor? If the colors are ok in the saved file then it's only displaying incorrectly.

Try going to Preferences and then the Color tab, and uncheck 'High Performance Display'.

Return to Other Questions About The Software