Using batch, but how to....

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Using batch, but how to....

Postby VSNEDPhotography » Wed May 27, 2020 11:29 am

A when using batch, the files made automaticly ends up in the same folder as the used files, this is annoying because when using batch in big folders its all handwork to collect the batched photos and put them manually into a new folder...this takes a chunk of (spoiled)time. time= money so.....
B following out of the batch question the following; I think it would be very handy, when a filter is used and getting the_pe extension(very handy!) it would be more handy yet when using the _pe file the outcoming would be visualised ind _pe1, _ pe2, _pe3 etc, NOT into _pe_pe_pe and so one, this is annoying as well to remove

I would love to hear answers on my questions because named functions are used very much by me...

Cheers
(for the rest I love the program)

Re: Using batch, but how to....

Postby eadams » Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pm

I share your love for the program. You will probably share my grief that it is very unlikely that changes or improvements will be made to it. When I started using SPE back in 2014 the developers were still interested in feedback. Then their priorities seemed to change and it looks like no further development is on the horizon for Smart Photo Editor. The program is still updated regularly to eliminate bugs that happen on new operating systems, but I can't recall any major improvements in recent years. It is a real shame because the program has so much more potential. Even if the basic functionality remained the same, a lot of improvements could be made to make it more user-friendly.

I never used the batch functionality, but I agree that there should be an option to define the target folder. I suppose that you end up searching your folder for *_pe* so that only the edited images are visible and you can select them all at once and quickly move them somewhere else. That is what I would do.

Return to Other Questions About The Software