how can i make smart photo Editor stop down loading

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

how can i make smart photo Editor stop down loading

Postby kbravenec361 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:18 pm

I just got a new PC and smart Photo Editor keep downloading all it pictures that it has and put it in my Folder and File on my Apple Max and sometime there is like 7000 or more pictures on my Apple from Smart Photo and it is not the one I did but what come on the program, please tell me how to stop it because i do love this program and i don't want to take it off my Max
thank you
from kate

Re: how can i make smart photo Editor stop down loading

Postby DennB » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:38 pm

What has this got to do with the RedEye Tool?

What's being downloaded is all the effects. And it doesn't amount to very much file space at that.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:27 am

I've moved this discussion out of the red eye section.

The pictures are stored on your computer so they can be quickly accessed in the future. If you want, you can delete any of the directories containing jpgs that it's downloaded to free up space. When you next use an effect that uses that picture, the picture will be downloaded again. You might have lots of pictures because at one point you did a big search through lots of pages of the gallery.

Tony

Postby taredare » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:50 am

Question...I use this program A LOT so I have thousands of file effects on my computer. What will happen if I delete them to free up some space? I mean, I have thousands and they're not necessarily ones of used, only browsed(?) Why do I have so many? And again, what will happen if I delete them?

Terri

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:26 am

You can delete any of the directories out of \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor\images, or the equivalent on your operating system, and they will simply be downloaded again if they are ever needed.

Tony

Postby taredare » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Directories? And what do you mean by needed? I use and love the program a lot, but I am mystified as to what it saves and why. When Carbonite replaced all my files when my hard drive died, I really didn't need all those thousands of file of effects replaced, did I?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:48 pm

It downloads any texture you see in the gallery, for speed and so they can be used offline. If you delete them, they get downloaded again if you ever look at an effect (via the gallery or by using it from your favorites list) that uses that texture.

Does that make it clearer?

Best wishes,

Tony

Return to Other Questions About The Software