How do I resize a photo?

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

How do I resize a photo?

Postby Emily_Ann_11228 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:56 pm

I am an amateur table top photographer. Most of my photos are of 11 1/2" teenage fashion dolls and their 1:6 scale fashions and backdrops. I also photograph miniature collectibles such as Limoges porcelains.

So far I've found Smart Photo Editor somewhat easy to use but in other ways it's frustrating because:

1. Help Menu is very limited.
2. No manual of any sort.
3. Not everthing can be answered via a forum search.

What is very good are the screen tips and the tutorials.

I am not able to resize a large photo down to 600 high by 400 wide pixels. Please tell me how to do this because the answer isn't to be found.

Right now as I'm practicing I'm resizing in Paint. But I don't consider that satisfactory. I would expect that I could do that in Smart Photo Editor.

I previously used MGI Photosuite that came with my Samsung Camera. As limited as it was it was far more easier than Smart Photo Editor because the features were forthright. I'm finding the transition to your software more involved. I intend to post whenever I have these kinds of questions in an effort to give feedback from an amateur.

Site Admin

Re: How do I resize a photo?

Postby admin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:47 am

Hi Emily,

We are working on improving the help system and making a manual, you can expect to see these coming over the next few months.

Currently there is no easy way to resize your pictures, however a few people have asked for this functionality, so we will prioritise it (that's the advantage of a Forum, you can ask for new features. :) ).

Tony

Postby Emily_Ann_11228 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Thank you, Tony! I will definitely come to the Forum often.

I had a chance to use the effects over the weekend and was delighted with the outcome. They work well even on scans! I had to send a contact a scan of a wall plaque in my kitchen. It is very pretty but about 30 years old. I applied the Object Vibrance effect and the scan came to life. I also used some of the other tools and messed up the scan a little but I sent it anyway and my email contact didn't even notice. She enjoyed the scan and printed it out.

I noticed you're keeping the price very affordable but it's to be expected that some additional features would raise the price. I'm ok with that especially when a help menu and manual are part of the improvements.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:51 pm

I've added the ability to change the size of the image you save in the latest version of Smart Photo Editor (1.5.4), it can be downloaded here.

Tony

Postby Can-DO Framing » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 am

Hi,

I am also looking to a way to resize my pixels. Is this something I should be able to find on Smarty Editor if I've only just downloaded it in the last month?

The program is great however not being able to resize my pixels makes me want to move to a different program as I need this function for work.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:22 am

Hi,

Changing the number of pixels in your picture is an option you get when saving your picture under the "Export Size" section in the Export Settings. Is that what you meant?

Tony

Return to Other Questions About The Software