smart photo editor vs lightroom exporting image ?

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

smart photo editor vs lightroom exporting image ?

Postby Redfordl2002 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:59 pm

In exporting an image(s) from lightroom to SPE,and after setting up SPE as an external editing program(preferences) in lightroom with .tiff as the file format,why does it keep on exporting image(s) to SPE in the .psd format instead of the .tiff format as set up in lrm5 ext.editing? At one time it did,but not now. Thanks!!

Re: smart photo editor vs lightroom exporting image ?

Postby DennB » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 pm

LR Export.JPG
LR Export.JPG (33.51 KiB) Viewed 8474 times
Make sure you have .tiff set as the file format on the export page in LR.

Postby Redfordl2002 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Dennb thanks for this tip on exporting lr images to spe(in .tiff) and it worked well!! But still having problems in the reverse direction sending spe processed images back to lightroom. It seems that my images are being(saved) sent to the hard drive picture folder,but not the lightroom catalogue. I have followed
the posts on this,but it does not seem to work for me. Maybe you can give me a step by step procedure on how to save an sbe processed image back to lightroom with a screenshot. I must not be following one small step?

Postby DennB » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:40 pm

The plugin is not an .lrplugin, it's a photoshop type plugin .8bf.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:29 am

Postby DennB » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:52 pm

How weired. It didn't work for me yesterday but it does now??? I see what I did. I sent it to SPE by mistake not SPE Studio. In fact I've used it before this way. Forget everything I said before Redford, about it not working as it certainly does bring you back to LR with the SPE Studio image now in the LR catalog. Are you using SPE or SPE Studio?

Postby Redfordl2003 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Denn B i have regular spe and not studio. What is the difference between the 2/. In order to save my processed SBE image to lr5 catalogue i have to hit save,but also check synchronize this folder to move it to the original folder. This works for me. Is it worth it to upgrade to sbe studio and does it work with lr5 as a plugin. Thanks!!

Postby DennB » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:06 am

SPE Studio includes the plugin, regular does not. It was worth it to me because I routinely load my image in another image editor first, LR, Sagelight etc etc and this allows the image to be bounced back and forth.

Postby Redfordl2003 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:34 pm

DenB SPE(studio) does include two plugins, one for photoshop and the other for photoshop elements, but no plugin for lightroom. Is this correct?

Postby DennB » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Read the above posts. It does. It's not a .lrplugin where it shows up in LR manager, but can be used by exporting from LR (edit in) > SPE Studio, edit, > then save. You are then back in LR, with the edited image and it is now in your catalog.

Next

Return to Other Questions About The Software