Converting Photos from sig file

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Converting Photos from sig file

Postby Della1209 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:42 am

I have a high number of photos (1,000s) on my passport. I copy/paste to my laptop to work with them. Some of them now show the Smart Photo Editor Icon and are now a sig file. These are photos that were created in other programs such as photoshop, the print shop, etc. and saved as jpegs. I have not loaded these pictures into Smart Photo Editor and when I try to select another program like windows photo viewer I get a message that windows photo viewer does not support this file format. If I simply try to open in Smart Photo Editor it shows under Recent Files as a .sig file but will not open. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? I am not familiar with sig files.

Re: Converting Photos from sig file

Postby DBenterprises » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:46 am

.sig files are not image files. I wonder why they have that extension. Open in Print Shop and save as a jpeg or tiff

Re: Converting Photos from sig file

Postby calico » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:15 am

A .sig file is a poster project from Printmaster. It can contain photos as well as text. Open in Printmaster, go to 'Layout' and 'Group' (draw a box around all items) everything in the project, then go to 'File' and 'Export as' and choose .jpg. Everything included in the grouping will export as a .jpg image.

Return to Other Questions About The Software