Clarification of Facilities

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Clarification of Facilities

Postby MJP » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 pm

If I choose Tone Adjustments the sliders are not the same as when I click on the Tone box on the Network diagram. I notice, for instance that you've got a slider for Blacks (which I always use in Lightroom). Even the Show Advanced doesn't give the Blacks slider although I see Recovery appears. What is the thinking here?

By the way, on the Tone Edit Filter panel the legends "Inputs" and "Parameters" are obscured. A small point but it looks unprofessional.

Site Admin

Re: Clarification of Facilities

Postby admin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:31 pm

That's right, if you choose "Tone Adjustments" from the edit menu, it doesn't just give you exactly the sliders from a Tone node. In fact it can use several nodes to achieve the different sliders. It also doesn't provide every slider and in some cases combines sliders together to make them more useful (for instance the RGB exposure sliders are manipulated through the temperature and tint sliders). Blacks seems like a good one to add, so I'll put it in there.

Return to Other Questions About The Software