Negative Feedback on Facebook

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Negative Feedback on Facebook

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:10 am

I've been a user of SPE for probably 10 years if not more. I am a huge fan and have many photos on the wall as a result of SPE.

Recently there have been a lot of Facebook posts (presumably from Anthropics?) promoting SPE. But the feedback in the comments has been almost 100% negative based upon the 'before and after' photos of what can be done with SPE. I don't agree at all with any of the feedback and have pointed out why they are missing the point. However, my cause is not helped by the choice of photo. So, an excellent photo of a bird is then 'SPEed' to produce an 'artified' version. I can understand people questioning the need to do anything to the photo in the beginning. I have pointed out that the real value of SPE is to take an, otherwise, unremarkable photo that you may ditch, and turning it into a work of art. There are many examples of this in 'Show Us Your Results'. We've even had discussions in that forum about this.

I know 99% of people no longer have desktop computers and use their phones but I truly have never seen a photo-related package to touch SPE for creating 'art' from otherwise average photos. I use Photoshop (Elements - another superb product that Adobe doesn't promote because it would kill Photoshop itself stone dead). Then, I may or may not use SPE to create something from my post-processed photo that can literally stun people. "How did you do that, Richard?" has been so common when people have seen my photos.

I have no idea of the financials, profit, maintenance costs etc etc and things like copyright (so many effects have been contributed by users) but surely Anthropics has been missing a trick here for years?

Richard

Re: Negative Feedback on Facebook

Postby eadams » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:42 pm

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Richard. Smart Photo Editor is a fantastic program, even though it hasn't been feature-updated in many years. There is nothing else like it out there.

Return to Anything else