saving and shortlists

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

saving and shortlists

Postby JFITZ6932 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:07 pm

If I put a few different treated images in my short list, I can't get back to them after I save one of them. I can only figure out how to "save and close." Any way to save and stay open? Thank you.

Site Admin

Re: saving and shortlists

Postby admin » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:29 am

You can only have a single picture when you launch SPE as a plugin because Photoshop only expects one image from a plugin. If you run SPE outside of Photoshop, you will be able to save as many versions as you like.

Kind regards

Tony

Re: saving and shortlists

Postby eadams » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:27 am

I think the question is a bit vague, and there could be two problems involved.

One is using SPE as a plugin as Tony mentions.

The other is the basic temporary nature of the shortlist even when SPE is used as a standalone.

When you are browsing the effects gallery and click on an effect to preview how it looks on your image, there is a button on the left that lets you add the effect to your temporary shortlist. This shortlist is only there to help you decide which of the shortlisted effects you want to apply to your image. You can add as many effects as you want to this shortlist, but as soon as you really apply one of them to your image, the shortlist is deleted.

That is why I never use this feature. Instead I apply every effect I like to my image, and use the option to "turn them on and off" by clicking on the tiny eye icon in the thumbnails at the top of the screen. That way I can really visualize how combinations of effects look. If you really like one of the effects and want to remember it always, add it to your favorites.

Return to Anything else