Updating Effects Library

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Updating Effects Library

Postby sootyuk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm still finding my way around SPE...so this may be a simple thing i'm missing....whenever i close the software, up pops "updating effects library"...along the top it says features you've discovered and down the left hand side there are gold stars next to the things i have completed etc. However, the bottom one "visited your home page" is grey with a black cross on the star. If i click on "visited your home page" it brings me to the forum page viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18&
Is there something i'm missing here as each time i close the software the star still remains grayed out. The reason i'm asking is that i'm obviously not going to my home page or the star would show gold and that task completed like all the others.

Regards,

Chris

Re: Updating Effects Library

Postby Tony » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:00 am

Your home page is where you get to by clicking on "Discuss Photo Editor" from the "Community" menu. It is just the forums plus a couple of other pages listing effects and the users contributing the most.

Tony

Re: Updating Effects Library

Postby sootyuk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks Tony...i have it sorted now. Until now i've always gotten to the forum via the link show on the bottom of the discovered features and not by using the menu. I knew it had to be something simple, but i couldnt understand why that last task was still showing as uncompleted. Just a trivial thing i know, but it was beginning to bug me lol. One thing i have noticed though....the forum look/layout differs, depending on how you come here. :roll:

Return to Anything else