Effect does not appear on print

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Effect does not appear on print

Postby scottwf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:43 am

I'm working on my first SPE photo in the stand alone version. I have applied Oil Pastel Illustration to the photo. When I print out of SPE there is no "effect" on the print. I have saved photo as both a TIF and JPG file and then opened with LR3. There is no "effect". What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Site Admin

Re: Effect does not appear on print

Postby admin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:16 am

When you save a jpeg or tiff from SPE, it appends _pe to the file name in order to preserve the original. Check to see if you aren't just looking at the original file. Let me know if that's not it.

Kind regards,

Tony

Re: Effect does not appear on print

Postby scottwf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Tony, I saved the image again with the effect applied as a TIF file. SPE did add the _pe to file name. I then went back into SPE an opened the original image again and applied the effect. Then I opened the previously saved image with the _pe. I compared both images before & after saving. The Oil Pastel Illutration effect was much more vivid before saving. I did test prints again from SPE and LR3. The prints looked like the saved file but not as vivid and intense as the image was with the effect before saving. Thanks for your help.

Return to Anything else