Gallery update

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Gallery update

Postby Curiouscat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 am

Hi there,
After using the Smart P.E, when I close the program, it does an automatic update. For the last couple of weeks it does not work, I get a message that: Couldn't update gallery at this time, Nothing returned from server. Wondering if anyone else had this problem and why is it happening?
Cheers!

Site Admin

Re: Gallery update

Postby admin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:53 am

Hi,

We do check our servers all the time, and there's been no problems at this end that we know about. The most common problems with other people are either internet connection issues or a new firewall or other software blocking SPE's access.

Tony

Postby vsimas » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:58 pm

I am still getting that message too. Checked firewall and it's OK. :x

Postby hcaubrey » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:20 pm

I get the same error. Gets to about 90 percent, slows down, and then says could not update nothing returned from the server. Nothing on my system has changed, and this used to work, but hasn't in the last month or so.

Postby Arwin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:59 pm

I do get this message also often lately, but a next time all works fine again till it happends again ;)
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi all,

For those of you having issues connecting to our server, this is something you can try:

Quit SPE
Go to: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor (or equivalent on your OS)
Rename the global directory (this effectively hides the downloaded gallery from SPE)
Run SPE again and go into the gallery: it should try and download the whole gallery again (which is different from just updating it)
If that works and you can see the gallery, you can remove the old global directory.
If it doesn't you can copy the old global directory back to get your gallery working again.

Let me know if that works or not, so we can investigate further.

Best wishes,

Tony

Postby MN77 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:30 am

Hi, I have tried everything to be able to update the gallery but it doesn't work..checked the firewall etc and its all set up to allow SPE to work but it's still not updating:( I have Windows7,PLEASE HELP??:)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:32 am

Hi MN77,

Could you tell me exactly what happened when you tried my suggestion?

Thanks

Tony

Postby Curiouscat » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:06 am

Today it took about 10 minutes to get up to 90% and then it just stopped. I have super fast internet connection and no issues with the firewall. It looks like I am not the only one to have this problem.

Postby hcaubrey » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Same for me. I tried renaming the directory as suggested, and ran gallery update with the same results. At 90 percent it says unable to complete, nothing returned from the server. Does that possibly mean that there were no updates? When I open an image and select effects gallery, I see a total of 590 pages. Should that number ever increase? Seems like it has been at 590 forever.

Next

Return to Anything else