Not Responding

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Not Responding

Postby stongeda » Tue May 12, 2015 1:39 am

I have only had this software a few days and am having fun with my family photos. However, yesterday and today, it keeps giving me a "Not Responding" notation. It keeps doing this and is very annoying! What, if anything, can be done...I have Windows 8.1, 64 bit, and downloaded that version. Please help....stongeda

Site Admin

Re: Not Responding

Postby admin » Tue May 12, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Stongeda,

Is there anything in particular you are doing when it displays that message?

Tony

Postby stongeda » Tue May 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Tony, Mostly when I am trying to work with underlays.......I wanted to put a different background behind my grandson's wedding photo to make it look nicer. Everything else worked as it should, but when I tried to bring out the layer of the photo it kept saying, "Not Responding", every few seconds......I did this with another photo and it worked beautiful!....maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the way everything works?? Thanks for any tips....stongeda

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 13, 2015 9:27 am

I'm not sure what could be going on to be honest. If it happens again, you could try popping up the task manager to see if anything else is taking a lot of your computer's resources. The only other thought I have is that one of the images you're trying to load is very big, so its taking a while to load it.

Tony

Postby stongeda » Wed May 13, 2015 12:51 pm

admin wrote:I'm not sure what could be going on to be honest. If it happens again, you could try popping up the task manager to see if anything else is taking a lot of your computer's resources. The only other thought I have is that one of the images you're trying to load is very big, so its taking a while to load it.

Tony

Thanks Tony, yesterday I happened to see that my Virus protection was running a scan when I was trying to work on my photo...I know there are lots of "stuff" running in the background, but I'm not savvy enough to know which ones I can turn off. I will however try to remember to turn off my Norton so it doesn't do any updating or scans. Thanks for all you info....stongeda

something else

Postby stongeda » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:53 am

Wondering if I can save my creation to my private Photo files? Like Picaso 3?Want to be able to share with family members.....

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 am

Yes: Smart Photo Editor can save image files that can be loaded into any program. I'm not very familiar with Picasso, but I believe it might automatically find any pictures you save into your standard pictures directories. If it doesn't I believe Picasso can just load any picture you have saved.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tony

Return to Anything else