I am very unhappy here, day one.

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

I am very unhappy here, day one.

Postby vivaart » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:19 am

It took me three goes to find the 'blue' box for the Subject........that's added to my post now lost while I looked for where to post the Subject !!!
I am very disappointed..........I find all the fonts too small, like photoshop, I find the black board harms my eyes , trying to read anything white on black, and this is day 1.
I won't be able to use this program and am very sorry I didn't know about your font and black pages. I am 77, a fine artist with good vision, but cannot work in this environment.
Thanks anyway,
vivaart

Site Admin

Re: I am very unhappy here, day one.

Postby admin » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:41 am

I'm sorry to hear that you are finding Smart Photo Editor hard to read (I assume it's the software not the forums, but what I'm about to say applies to both). You could try increasing the size of the items on screen to make it easier to read. In windows you can find this setting in the control panel under Display > Make text and other items larger or smaller. There's also a magnifier tool in windows to temporarily enlarge just part of the screen. If still find the software too painful, then you can open a support ticket here and get your money back.

Best wishes,

Tony

Postby vivaart » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:58 am

Dear Tony.
You are a really decent chap to offer me a refund, if I find those suggestions don't help. Thank you very much. I will avail myself of your kindness and ask you to credit my
PayPal acat. I'm so distressed even using this black page, so, merci and au revoir....VIVIAN
Last edited by vivaart on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eadams » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:05 pm

This just goes to show that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Until recently, the software company Topazlabs had a forum similar to this one - white print on a black background. When they migrated to a new platform with black text on a white background, users complained and wanted their black background back.

The Smart Photo Editor software itself is just so great and it is such a bargain at the price it sells for, it is a shame to give up on it because of the color of the forum or the user interface. In the software itself, reading text really isn't necessary once you know your way around the interface. For someone with good vision it shouldn't be a problem, but if it is so distressful there is nothing to be done. :(

Postby vivaart » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Thank you eAdams, Vivaart

Postby DennB » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:25 am

What size monitor are you using? Is it calibrated properly? I'm 70, eyes are pretty much ok with glasses and I'm not having any difficulty with any of the visual; program or forum. As far as the Topaz forum, doesn't matter either whether it's black on white or white on black. My monitor is a 22", not huge by any means, but if I were using anything small like 14" or less, it might pose a problem.

Return to Anything else