SAVE AS

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

SAVE AS

Postby vally123 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:28 pm

AFTER I HAVE DONE O.K I GO TO FILE TO SAVE. IT KEEPS COMING UP " SAVE AND CLOSE" WHEN I DO NOT WAN'T TO CLOSE. HOW CAN I GET THE DROP DOWN MENU THAT GIVES ME THE OPTION TO SAVE AS JPG/TIFF. THIS HAPPENS VARY RARELY NOW. WHAT DO I DO TO GET IT BACK AS IT USED TO BE. I AM FED UP WITH IT KEEP CLOSING AS MY ONLY OPTION.
H E L P PLEASE

Re: SAVE AS

Postby eadams » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi vally123,

According to my experience:

1) If you open Smart Photo Editor as a standalone program, you should have the option to save as a jpg/Tiff. If you don't, I think there must be something wrong.

2) If you open Smart Photo Editor as a plug-in from within Photoshop (or another supported host program), you can only save and close to return to the program you started out with. You must save the file as a jpg or tiff from that host program.

Postby gary » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:10 am

Yes, this should only happen in plug-in mode. However it can happen if in File/Settings, or for Mac in Preferences, you choose "Auto plug-in mode" and then load a picture by double clicking on it or dragging and dropping.

To avoid the problem you could turn off auto plug-in mode, or load a picture by launching Smart Photo Editor and choosing the file/open command instead.

Gary

Postby vally123 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 pm

to eadams.
Thank you so much for such a quick reply to my question. I have tried it and it WORKS. I am so grateful, as this has been bugging me for quite a while now.
THANK YOU AGAIN. X vally123 :P

Return to Anything else