Photoshop plug-in

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Photoshop plug-in

Postby Symbol of Lleyn » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:46 pm

I can't seem to find a means to swap an image between smart photo and photoshop without using "save as" close image and then reopen in smart photo or photo shop has appropriate. :?:

Site Admin

Re: Photoshop plug-in

Postby admin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:18 am

Postby Symbol of Lleyn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Thank you, but this did not answer the original question smart photo editor is listed as a plug-in in my photoshop.
What I assumed would happen is that I would have a means to transfer an image from photoshop to smart photo editor and back without having to save it, and then reopen it from a working directory.
Is this not the difference from the standalone version and the more expensive plug-in? :?:

Postby AngAT » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Could you check your stand-alone program of Smart Photo Editor and make sure that the "Auto Plug-in" is ticked. This will allow you to return the image from the plug-in to Photoshop.

Postby Symbol of Lleyn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Thank you. It is now tipped the what is the procedure here are the buttons hidden in both smart photo editor and photo shop?
Perhaps a tutorial on the subject would help us new bees

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 am

Hi,

Yes, only the more expensive Studio edition is available as a Photoshop plugin. If you've bought the standard edition, you can buy upgrade to the Studio edition. After you've installed the Studio edition, it should be simple, but let me know if you have any problems.

Tony

Postby Symbol of Lleyn » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:21 pm

I did buy the expensive one !!
So how do I get it to work with photoshop CS 6
Smart photo editor appears in the list of plug-ins under help/about plug-ins.
But I can't find any means of switching an image between photo shop and smart photo editor without saving and reopening which is what I'd have to do if I bought the cheap version.
This is getting very frustrating.

Postby DennB » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:45 pm

Did you do this?
File>Settings>Auto Plugin Mode checked.
Then, when you save, it should open to PS. After you "save" it opens in PS automatically.
You have to start in PS. PS>SPE>PS

Postby eadams » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Symbol of Lleyn,

You mention

Smart photo editor appears in the list of plug-ins under help/about plug-ins.

but you say nothing about the Filter menu. You have to select a valid layer in PS CS6 and load Smart Photo Editor via the Filter - Anthropics - Smart Photo Editor menu in Photoshop. Then, when you close Smart Photo Editor, you will be returned to Photoshop and the selected layer will show the changes you made in SPE.

Eve

Return to Anything else