Optimum size and res for uploads to "Show Us"

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Optimum size and res for uploads to "Show Us"

Postby jeanzie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Why is it so hard to find out the best size and resolution to post our work in Show Us Your Results. Most sites are very specific about overall file size or how many pixels on the longest side, etc. My posts came out huge, but I don't have all day trying to figure out the best way to post them. If I don't get a specific answer, I'm just not going to post. Too much trouble.

Site Admin

Re: Optimum size and res for uploads to "Show Us"

Postby admin » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 am

Hi Jeanzie,

Just use the preset size of "1024 Wide" (in Export Size in Export Settings) when saving from SPE, that should do for all posts here.

Tony

Re: Optimum size and res for uploads to "Show Us"

Postby Mozzy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:33 pm

jeanzie wrote:Why is it so hard to find out the best size and resolution to post our work in Show Us Your Results. Most sites are very specific about overall file size or how many pixels on the longest side, etc. My posts came out huge, but I don't have all day trying to figure out the best way to post them. If I don't get a specific answer, I'm just not going to post. Too much trouble.

Surely it is seconds to work out that 1000 pixels wide landy or 1000 high as a porty is as simple as breathing? You are obviously skilled in post processing otherwise you would not be here. 750 is good, 500 1000 but no more or you need to scroll. I personally am little more than a rank beginner, I have found that if I read tutorials (which I never did) they will have almost all answers.

Seldom do I ever react to a post that ends 'too much trouble.' On this occasiuon however the wheel does certainly NOT require re-inventing :( You say your posts came out huge; well I imagine they would if you included a full on RAW converted to TIFF or JPEG without re-sizing. I'd honestly have thought that much would have been as obvious as the nose on one's face?.

Sorry if I have come across somewhat disrespectful, but really! Don't blame SPE when common sense prevails!

Mozzy

Return to Anything else