system crashing

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

system crashing

Postby juggles123 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Hello i love smart photo editor
the problem is it keeps crashing on me for example when i do " defocusing background".
im using windows 7 64 bit.
i installed the software yesterday, i uninstalled it today and re installed it but still the same problem.
Does anyone know the reason and a solution for my problem ?? :mrgreen:

ArjunAnthroQA

Re: system crashing

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 am

Hi juggles123,

I can't seem to recreate your issue here. Can you please tell me if you're doing anything beyond going through the tutorial itself? Are you using the example image or an image of your own? Please let me know and I'll try and recreate the issue and find the cause.

If you'd prefer dedicated support, you can open a support ticket here: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support ... ket_submit

Please let us know and we'll do what we can to resolve the issue.

Arjun

Postby juggles123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Hello
im using my own image, the same thing happens when i use the Composite function, the system crashes when im doing the changes...its a pity because its a great program. my computer is only a few months old and really up to date...pity the program keeps crashing

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi juggles 123,

Can you please tell us the resolution and format of the image you're using? Are you starting the tutorial then switching the image or just loading in your own image? If you can send us the image to help us recreate the problem, that would be incredibly helpful. I'll send you a PM with the address to send it to if you're ok with that. You image will only be used for testing and will notbe used by anyone else or anywhere else.

Also, can you tell us if you're using a specific anti-virus as that may be causing conflicts?

We're deeply apologetic that you're affected by this and we're doing what we can to identify and resolve the problem.

Postby juggles123 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:47 pm

hello i re installed the software as per your message the following message came up during the installation " failed to update search engine"...do you think this may be causing my system to crash..

Postby photo editor wizard » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 am

I'm having the same problem with trying to save photos. Rendering starts out goes to 42% then stops (not responding) have to close program and restart? Every time..Just purchase this today and Cant believe it wont save photos. I'm also a purchaser of Photo Professional 11 and have no problems with it. Loved this when I researched it but disappointed now. Also when I did get it to save 1 photo it went under smart photo editor but no way to retrieve it. I've searched for a folder where the pics could be stored, and searched entire computer and nothing.. where are they being stored under smart photo editor? Running windows 7 64bit. UPDATE says: Failed to update search Engine Sender Failed to respond?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:30 am

Hi all,

Re: failed to update search engine: The server was having a few problems yesterday, try again today to see if it works better. Even when you do get this warning, it shouldn't cause any problems with the software, it just means it didn't update to the latest version of the galleries at that time.

Re: failing to save: Firstly make sure you're up to date with latest version by "Check for updates" in the help menu. Some larger images with complex effects do take a while to render, so try leaving it for a bit. I'm sending you a private message so you can get in contact with me if that doesn't work.

Tony

Postby bchic » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:56 pm

I am having a problem with SPE not responding to saving image, have rebooted, task mgr says not responding, just loops and loops trying to save. Does not save Help!!! :shock:

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:23 am

Some of the effects do take a long time to save especially if they include denoising a large image. Try saving a different effect to see if it's that.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Anything else