PLUG IN FOR PHOTOSHOP

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

PLUG IN FOR PHOTOSHOP

Postby mary~lou » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:29 pm

I can't find how to add my smart photo editor to photoshop as a plug in. When I follow the instructions how to do it - open the smart photo editor then click on preferences there is no "auto pug in mode"

How do I install the Photoshop plug-in on Mac?
Launch Smart Photo Editor Studio and in the SmartPhotoEditorStudio menu click ‘Preferences’.

Check ‘Auto Plugin Mode’, click ‘OK’ and then close the program.

Open the Finder and go to /Applications/SmartPhotoEditorStudio/Contents/MacOS and run the program “SmartPhotoEditorPluginInstaller.pkg”.

The plugin installer will detect what version of Photoshop you have installed, and automatically find the Plug-Ins folder for you. However, if the correct place is not detected you can manually browse to the Plug-Ins folder of the version of Photoshop you want to use. Please make sure to check that the installation folder that Smart Photo Editor gives you is correct for the version of Photoshop that you want to use.

The Photoshop CC Plug-In directory is normally: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC/Plug-Ins

Photoshop needs to be restarted before it will use a new plug-in. When the plug-in is installed, you can see it in Photoshop by selecting the Filter menu option. Look down the list of filters and at the end will an entry "Anthropics". Choose this and you will see it expand to show the Smart Photo Editor plug-in.

Site Admin

Re: PLUG IN FOR PHOTOSHOP

Postby admin » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:22 am

Auto plugin in mode is a checkbox in the General tab of settings, underneath Advanced Gallery.

Postby PamR » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:54 pm

This is not the case for me. I've followed your instructions exactly. The plugin is not available under filter or on the sidebar. When navigating to it through applications -- Applications > PhotoShop 2023 > Plugins > SmartPhotoEditorPSFilter.Plugin is there, but it is not accessible. I've shut down PhotoShop and restarted. I've shutdown and rebooted my computer. It's just not there.

Please advise. I purchased the version of the software with the plugin so I could use it.

Thank you.

Postby eadams » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:57 pm

SPE is working fine for me as a plugin with the new version of Photoshop, but I have a Windows 10 PC and not a Mac. So I am sorry that I can't help you.

The reference to Auto Plugin Mode puzzles me though. I do have this option under File-Settings-General, but I have never enabled it. On my PC it doesn't affect my ability to use SPE as a Photoshop plugin. In the Settings menu, the following tool tip appears when you mouse-over this option:

"Automatically just show Save and Close in file menu, when image is loaded from command line"

I don't understand what "when image is loaded from command line" means, so I just ignore that option.

Be assured that SPE does work very well as a plugin in Photoshop. If there were a problem with the Mac version, it would be a known issue, and it doesn't seem to be.

A standard troubleshooting step for general problems with any software is to re-install. Have you tried that?

Postby hazzafresh » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:58 am

Are you on an M1 Mac?

If you are, it may be worth running Photoshop with Rosetta, to see if this solves your problem.
The way to do this, is to go to the folder where the Photoshop application is (Hard Drive/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022) and right click (ctrl + click) on the application, click Get Info and check 'Run With Rosetta'

Return to Anything else