Mysterious error message and no help from Anthropics Support

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Mysterious error message and no help from Anthropics Support

Postby Endre Balogh » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:02 pm

Hi!
Maybe i can get some help here. I have tried unsuccessfully to get assistance from Anthropics support. I was forced to upgrade my Mac OS to 13 and, while everything else successfully migrated over and work fine (I own and use all four of the Anthropics softwares) if i try to use Smart Photo Editor, I get the following error message: Couldn't remove Users/endre/Library/Application Support/Anthropics/PhotoEditor/usage_stats. This file will be uploaded multiple times unless you delete it now. The problem with trying to do that is that if I follow the path, inside "Apploication Support" there is no "Anthropics" folder. I wrote to Anthropics Support (Issue #411833) and, for a time, i received messages back that suggested that I trash my old Smart Photo Editor and upload a fresh copy. I have done that multiple times to no avail. After a few back and forth communications with Barry at Anthropics, they have ceased responding to my requests for further assistance despite my asking repeatedly for more help. I even opened up an entirely new request (Issue #417274) just in case they had forgotten to check the older one, but still no reply. Does anyone here know what this error message is about and how I can resolve it? Thanks for any help you can provide me. I enjoy using Smart Photo Editor but until I can get this fixed, it is dead in the water for me. Thanks so much!

Endre

Site Admin

Re: Mysterious error message and no help from Anthropics Support

Postby admin » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:57 am

Dear Endre

Sorry you haven't received the help you need from support. It sounds like a tough problem, the error is exactly as it says, it needs to remove that file, but it sounds like you can't find it to remove it. A couple of questions:

1. Can you continue using PhotoEditor after seeing that message?
2. I wonder if the PhotoEditor folder you're looking for is hidden in some way? Could you try searching for usage_stats on your hard disk?

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Bugs