cAN'T FIND EDITED FILES

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

cAN'T FIND EDITED FILES

Postby ochaps » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:34 pm

When I save edited photos, I place them in a file ( either TIF or JPEG's) and then can't find them- the file on my desktop is empty.What is the issue , please? These are for a non-profit I help out with and I can't find the edited photos.

Re: cAN'T FIND EDITED FILES

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:13 am

I am not sure I understand the question and it may be a question of terminology (Windows terminology - I assume you are on Windows?)....

When you use the word 'file' do you mean 'file' in the Windows sense or 'folder'?

If you mean that you save a file to a folder and then the file cannot be found it could be as simple as SPE is saving to a default folder and you are then using Explorer to look in the wrong folder. When you save the file look very carefully about where it is saving it. And also monitor SPE to make sure it says it saved it successfully. If still no luck then do a Windows search on My Pictures (or indeed c: maybe) for *pe*. This will find any file saved by SPE because, by default, SPE includes the string 'pe' in the filename.

Richard

Return to Bugs