RAW .cr2 with pink tint

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

RAW .cr2 with pink tint

Postby dogsirl » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:52 pm

Hey all, I shoot with a Canon and all my RAW .cr2 files open just fine in SPE. A friend sent me two of her .cr2 files and when I open them they have a pink translucent tint. I opened her files in my RAW editor (ON1 Photo Raw) and they look fine there.

Any ideas? TIA

Re: RAW .cr2 with pink tint

Postby Richard Briggs » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:13 am

All I can say is that CR2 does not always equal CR2. I've had three Canon compact cameras and each one's CR2 files are different evidenced by the fact that the RAW Editor in the version of Photoshop Elements I have at the time won't read them. I need to use the Adobe DNG converter (free) to convert to DNG and await a version of PSE that supports that version of CR2 (why don't Canon just rename it CR3, CR4 etc?).

It could be that SPE is more forgiving but gives the result you see. Try using the converter mentioned above to convert to DNG and see how that is.

Richard

Re: RAW .cr2 with pink tint

Postby dogsirl » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:22 pm

I did a little Googling and lo and behold many, many 5D Mk IV owners cannot see the image thumbnail in Windows Explorer. Apparently Microsoft stopped updating the codecs at 5D Mk II which is probably why I'm getting this pink overlay tint on my cr2.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Return to Bugs