Color not matching original photo when I put into SME

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Color not matching original photo when I put into SME

Postby michchopp » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Been using SME for years on my previous IMac. Never had any color variance issues. My old Mac died and I just replaced it with new one. Reinstalled SME on the computer and now when I download my images to the SME software, they are drastically different in color. It almost appears like and auto enhance is immediately added to the image. Very orange/warm color on the entire image. Any suggestions? I have checked my Mac color display and am exporting in sRGB color profile. I have already contacted Apple Support and we tested exporting images and it's not on the Mac end of the flow. Thanks for your help. This is pretty frustrating since it's never occurred prior.

Re: Color not matching original photo when I put into SME

Postby gary » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Can you tell me if you have the latest version 1.30.2 installed?

Postby SPE107 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:34 pm

I have the same problem. I've been taking a screen shot of the edited photo in order to assure that I get the correct edited color. Of course, then I have to crop the screen shot in another program in order to maintain that color. Shouldn't have to take these extra steps.

Postby gary » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:54 am

Hi SPE107 I can see that you installed old versions on macs in 2014 and 2016. Were the colors good at that time, and they only went wrong later?
Are you currently on version 1.30.2 of SmartPhotoEditor?
What version of Mac OSX are you using?

Postby michchopp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Yes, I have the latest version of 1.30.2 installed. The colors were fine on my old Mac, which I did have the latest version installed on that computer. This issue arose once I purchased the new Mac and installed the SME software. It's strange. If I export the photo from my Mac as Adobe RGB, the color is fine. I was told that I needed to upload the files in SME as sRGB, not Adobe RGB color.

Postby gary » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 am

I see that you contact our customer support and they asked you to supply some files. Can you do that please so they can work out what is happening.

Return to Bugs