Couldn't update gallery at this time

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Couldn't update gallery at this time

Postby Daeny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi,

When I try to load the community effects on Smart Photo Editor, the software can't do it and displays this message: “Couldn't update gallery at this time. ZFileException: Failed to open file for writing: /Users/(name)/Documents/PhotoEditor+/0.mro.“

I work on a MacBook Pro (2018), macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Can you help me ?

Best regards,

Daeny

Site Admin

Re: Couldn't update gallery at this time

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 pm

It's had a problem writing to that file, to store the effects gallery. Is your hard disk full, or is there a virus checker locking that file?

Postby Daeny » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer !

I tried to disable the firewall (no other virus software) and restart the computer, but unfortunately the issue still remains. And there is still a lot of space left on the hard disk.

I also tried to throw the preferences away, but the error message still appears.

It's strange because the software was running well before I changed my computer.

Kind regards,

Daeny

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:21 am

It's possible something has locked that folder or file. It's fine to delete that folder: /Users/(name)/Documents/PhotoEditor+ and try again to see if that works.

Postby Daeny » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:50 am

Hi,

I tried to throw away this folder, but it still didn't work. So I also tried to throw away both this folder and the preferences. Then I was asked to enter the token and to link the app to my existing account, and then it was ok. I can now load the effects gallery, which is great !

Thank you very much for your help !!

Best regards,

Daeny

Return to Bugs