Bug with Mac

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.
Site Admin

Re: Bug with Mac

Postby admin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi all

We've made some progress at this end. It looks like it might be something to do with guestures on the MacBookPro causing a crash in the third party library we are using called Qt. We've done some experiments and we can cause it to crash when using the touch pad but not when using the mouse. It might be that using the mouse instead of the trackpad will work around the problem. It would be interesting to hear if that fixes it for others.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby vonholm » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:21 pm

I have the same problem, and now I cannot use SPE at all, any new developments? I do not use or have a mouse, I hope you have other solutions?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:56 am

Hi,

We have built a new version that is just going through testing, which appears to fix the problem. Baring any unforeseen problems it should be ready for downloading in the next few days.

Kind regards

Tony

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 am

The new version is now available if you use the Check for updates button in the software. We have reports that it fixes the bug for people who were affected. Please let me know if you do experience the same bug again.

Kind regards

Tony

Previous

Return to Bugs