Gallery Effects download (internal server error)

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Gallery Effects download (internal server error)

Postby ahawk1972 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:05 am

I can't install any of the effects galleries. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled virus protections, disabled firewall, and even bought another license key. It will not download the galleries and the application is useless without them. Any suggestions?

Site Admin

Re: Gallery Effects download (internal server error)

Postby admin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi,

We are aware of a problem regarding downloading the latest gallery. If you already have the gallery of effects loaded, you should be able to continue to use the software without seeing any problems. If you have just installed the software, then you might not be able to see the effects until we fix it, all the other features should work as normal though. We are currently investigating.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:27 pm

I had to re-install because of a computer issue and I have NO EFFECTS, and can't download any. Need a fix soon PLEASE.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:55 am

Hi there,

We have looked into it and so far have found a problem with an older version of the software (1.20.6). You can upgrade to a newer version via the check for updates in the help menu. The latest version is 1.21.15. If you still have problems with 1.21.15, please let me know. We are doing more checks now to see if there are any other problems.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31 pm

I just installed the newest version of the 64 bit and I still have no effects. it says there is a server error. what gives?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:52 am

Dear Wildweasel,

Really sorry to hear it's still going wrong for you, I appreciate how frustrating this must be. We are very happy to refund you seeing as it's not working for you. However, we are going to try and investigate to see what's going wrong, but we have fixed the problem we did see intermittently and for us it's working now. Sometimes new or updated firewall software can block our attempts to access our servers, so you could try briefly turning off any firewall software.

Another thing you could check to see what is in this directory: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor\global. If you are seeing no effects, that directory should be empty. Let me know if it isn't. If it isn't you could try renaming the global directory to oldglobal and running the software again, which would force a fresh download of the whole effects library.

Kind regards,

Tony

Return to Bugs