Various Crashes Since Last Update

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Various Crashes Since Last Update

Postby stereo451 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:16 am

I upgraded on Saturday, Aug 15 to v1.21.14 and have been experiencing frequent crashes.

System info:
Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit
16GB RAM
Intel i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz

The program initially began crashing when I used "reflection 180" by superdave and various photo frame effects.

Any photo frame for which I changed the padding crashed.

Today, when I've tried to save work (PNG), I received the error during two sessions:

"Failed to write PNG File (File may be corrupted)"

The PNGs were ones I initially created yesterday with SPE.

SPE created PNG files today before the each of those crashes, but they are 0 bytes (empty).

After several program exits and restarts, I was able to save some work, but always crashed while saving a piece with "Customizable mirroring effect" by Arwin.

The program crashed after I changed the image border and clicked OK to confirm the effect. OK = crash. Can't save this effect.

I hope that helps. It appeared you were looking for specific details on the other crash-related threads.

--

So we can just download an older version and it won't affect the license?

I saw Tony post on another thread that version 1.21.15 had been released but I can't find a link to it.

Thanks!

Site Admin

Re: Various Crashes Since Last Update

Postby admin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:48 am

Hi,

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. It's really appreciated especially as I know how frustrating crashes are. We have released a new version 1.21.15, which is available through check for updates, which fixes a crash. Please let me know if you find any problems with it, so we can try and fix them. Also, if at any point you want to go back to an older version, you can download it from these links:

64 bit windows
Standard edition:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... etup64.exe

Studio edition:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... etup64.exe

32 bit windows

Standard edition:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... rSetup.exe

Studio edition:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... oSetup.exe

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Tony

Postby stereo451 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:53 am

Thanks, Tony! I just downloaded the new version from your link.

Can't wait to get another session going.

This program rocks! Thanks for the hard work and keep innovating!

Postby Eriskay » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:55 am

Since I upgraded to 1.21.15 it crashes after I've been working on eyes or lips.
I've been having this problem since July 29, 2015

No one has been successful in righting this for me.

Also, when I upgraded to 1.21.15, after a while it's telling me to upgrade to it, again
and that I'm using 1.21.12

What's going on?? :x

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:41 am

Hi,

It sounds like although you might have downloaded the latest version, you are still running an old version. Check the version number in the about box. You might have installed the new version into a different place. If you are running 1.21.15 and you are still having problems, do let us know so we can fix them. So far I've not had anyone confirm there are any problems with 1.21.15.

We are planning on releasing another version soon, but that just fixes a couple of minor bugs like the Pan/Zoom navigator not disappearing.

Tony

Postby ImagesByDori » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:45 am

I just purchased and downloaded the program two days ago. It continues to crash when trying to save an edited photo. This program is awesome, however very frustrating for a new user to experience so many crashes.

Many thanks!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:41 am

Hi,

Are you able to save a session file (File > Save As session) of an edit that crashes when saving a jpeg? If you are then let me know and we might be able to reproduce your problem and fix it. If you can, send me a private message and I can look into it.

Kind regards,

Tony

Return to Bugs