System cannot find specified file

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

System cannot find specified file

Postby joecichocki » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:17 am

I love SPE, but for me with 4GHz memory, it is very slow. When I work on a photo from my NEX C3, some files take 10 minutes to finish processing. That is bad enough since it slows everything waaaay down. However, I have had to reinstall the whole application several times. It seems to begin when the application starts, I work on something, and then try to save it. The update window opens and runs forever. If I do another picture and attempt to save, a second update window opens and runs continuously. After this happens, I then start getting the message that The system cannot find the specified file any time I open a file and try to do something with an image. The app then automatically shuts. I have reinstalled several times previously and had a month or two of use out of the app, and then it all starts again. I am tired of reinstalling and losing all my settings. Can anyone please help????

Site Admin

Re: System cannot find specified file

Postby admin » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Joe,

It does sound like something has gone wrong on your system. Without actually seeing your computer I can only guess what might be happening: It sounds like you've got enough ram, but have you downloaded the 64 bit version of the software? From all the problems you're having updating I wonder if it's one of the following:

Some effects, especially Tom's denoising effects do take a long time to complete as they are very CPU intensive. The majority of the effects in the gallery save quickly though. Could you try searching for "Sunshine 2" in the gallery and just saving that?
Is your hard disk full up?
Some people have reported problems with firewalls blocking their access to our servers that are needed to update the gallery.
Physical problems with your hard disk, bad sectors etc (have you run a disk check)?
Could it be a virus?

You shouldn't need to reinstall the software. If somehow the library has become corrupt you could try going into: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor and deleting the global directory then restarting the software. It will then download the library again from scratch when you next go into the gallery.

Tony

Postby joecichocki » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Nothing I tried has worked this time, not even a fresh install of the software. I love SPE and often use it, which is why I am feeling a lot of consternation. Nothing else can compare to what can be done with just a click, so I am beside myself. Dont_update didn't work either, in both forms that I was sent. I have plenty of disc space and memory, and a virus/malware scan showed no problems, so go figure....

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:43 am

Hi Joe,

I've sent you an email describing some next steps.

Tony

Return to Bugs